Regional Sales Manager (South Central US)
The Regional Sales Manager is accountable for the profitable achievement of sales objectives associated with the assigned market territories. The Regional Sales Manager is responsible for all aspects of cultivating and managing opportunities in their assigned territory in order to deliver and sustain the greatest overall impact on company results. The Regional Sales Manager manages all sales activities in their territory, including Salesforce pipeline and forecast management, prospecting and outbound sales calls, meeting scheduling, live and virtual meetings and demonstrations, business development events such as educational workshops, regional tradeshows and conferences, and contract and procurement details.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage sales efforts to achieve a high professional standard and monthly and quarterly sales target and KPI targets.
- Accurately forecast and manage annual sales target so sales quota is met.
- Utilize Salesforce to maintain and track sales progress and support sales management reporting.
- Implement extensive prospecting initiatives in their territory, including outbound sales calls, meeting scheduling, demonstrations and presentation, both live and virtual.
- Develop and implement lead generation activities and events in their territory, including email campaigns, educational workshops, Lunch & Learn workshops, regional tradeshows, etc.
- Manage contracts and procurement activities on all sales opportunities.
- Utilize the involvement of sales support personnel, including customer success, subject matter experts, and management resources, so sales objectives are met.
- Support marketing, sales management and product management to ensure strategic and business objectives are met.
- Support sales management by helping improve field support tools, including training programs, productivity initiatives, account and territory planning methodologies, and customer communication tools.
- Proactively help build customer references and customer satisfaction by building and maintaining strong customer relationships.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 8+ years of experience in field sales addressing law enforcement markets and agencies
- Public sector sales experience preferred
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent leadership skills
- Experience setting and achieving sales goals
- Results-oriented with analytical skills
- Basic understanding of Salesforce. Will be using daily to monitor and track sales pipeline, forecast and reporting.
- Proficiency in English language required